This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't get email connector to work...

I've tried configuring the connector with known good credentials and even created a new one to make sure in AD that's a domain admin.  When I try to send test email from the email connector the internal event says this:

'5003' - Mail server authentication failed, : Authentication failed; nested exception is javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful : failed to authenticate successfully for user test on SMTP host the.smtp.email.host

I even tried with my domain account and it won't work either... I can send email from outlook without any issues why would LEM not be able to use the same credentials and work???

• FYI I tried searching on thwack for anything remotely like that error message and found nothing...

• Hey Bill,

Can you confirm if your SMTP host is Exchange or Office 365? Do you know which versions of TLS are running on your mail server?

• I just fixed it... I had to change it to TLS from SNMP to get exchange to even accept the credentials... I'm not really sure why this is since I don't think I set anything like that up for Orion yet it works with SNMP I think.  Who knows?  If someone else has this problem with newer exchange server and LEM try using TLS instead of the default snmp... it worked for me.

• For those that want to know where to change this it works like this:

Manage -> Appliances

​click on the gear wheel and select connectors

​search for mail to find Email Active Response

​click gear next to Email Active Response and stop the connector

​click gear again and Edit

​Now change the transport protocol in the drop down to TLS from SMTP

​Save

​Click the gear and Re-start the connector