2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2019 12:46 PM by bthippa@atd-us.com

Node alert using HW component details

glenp42

Hi All,

I've got a Node alert working for node up/down events and i'd like to extend it to show hardware component details such as power supply status.

I've created a node event that I know triggers:

The trigger action is to send an email with the message body:

An issue has been detected at ${N=Alerting;M=AlertTriggerTime;F=DateTime} on ${N=SwisEntity;M=MachineType} device named ${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption} (IP: ${N=SwisEntity;M=IP_Address}, DNS: ${N=SwisEntity;M=DNS})

View full device details here: ${N=SwisEntity;M=DetailsUrl}.

View full alert details here: ${N=Alerting;M=AlertDetailsUrl}

Click here to acknowledge the alert: ${N=Alerting;M=AcknowledgeUrl}

HW details:

Alert ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName} at ${N=Alerting;M=AlertTriggerTime;F=DateTime}

${N=SwisEntity;M=FullyQualifiedName} is ${N=SwisEntity;M=Status;F=Status}

This message was brought to you by the alert named: ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}

The node is monitored by the polling engine ${N=SwisEntity;M=Engine.ServerName}

However, the actual result simulation (on a node with a failed PSU) just shows:

An issue has been detected at Thursday, 11 April 2019 10:15 on HP 3800 Switch Stack device named SW-203-03-013-01-01 (IP: 10.152.0.21, DNS: )

View full device details here: https://SWIN.FQDN:443/Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:52.

View full alert details here:

Click here to acknowledge the alert:

HW details:

Alert TEST of ## Node is DOWN/UP - Switches SMS Day Hrs at Thursday, 11 April 2019 10:15

${N=SwisEntity;M=FullyQualifiedName} is Up

This message was brought to you by the alert named: TEST of ## Node is DOWN/UP - Switches SMS Day Hrs

The node is monitored by the polling engine SWIN

Can I only solve this with SWQL?  If so, does anyone know what I would look for?

I can workaround this with a specific hardware alert, but that will result in another duplicate set of actions to manage,  using the action manager to enable/disable alerts to the individual engineers.

Any ideas will help!

Thanks

Glen.