35 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2019 1:16 PM by robbit

WHD 12.7 now available

comtcjm

Now available in Solarwinds Portal

• Re: WHD 12.7 now available
          comtcjm

Found an issue already....

In client interface when a client tries to create a new ticket with CC ticked and with an valid email address the ticket fails to save and the following error appears:

There was a problem saving the ticket: java.lang.IllegalStateException: rowDiffsForAttributes: snapshot in com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseOperation {_dbSnapshot = {}; _entity = "TicketBulkAction"; _newRow = {assignCurrentTech = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; subject = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendClientEmail = 0; closeDate = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; disableEmailToClient = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendGroupMgrEmail = 0; customFields = ; name = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; workStartDate = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendGroupMgrEmailOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendBccEmailOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; isQuickTicket = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; statusTypeId = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; disableEmailToAllClients = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; isForOneTimeUse = 0; sendCarbonCopy = 0; sendClientEmailOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendCarbonCopyOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; workEndDate = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; deleteTickets = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; disableEmailToClientCc = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; room = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; isRuleAction = 1; sendTechEmailOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendLevelTechEmailOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendBccEmail = 0; ticketType = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; id = 118; ccAddressesForTechOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; dueDateSelection = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; bccAddressesOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; dueDateOverride = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendEmailPreference = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendEmailDuringRun = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; questionText = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; changeTicketType = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; isPrivate = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendTechEmail = 0; allTechs = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; ccAddressesForTech = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; sendLevelTechEmail = 0; bccAddresses = <com.webobjects.foundation.nskeyvaluecoding$null>; }; _object = ""; _globalID = _EOIntegralKeyGlobalID[TicketBulkAction (java.lang.Integer)118]; _databaseOperator = "EODatabaseUpdateOperator"; } does not contain value for attribute named allTechs with snapshot key: allTechs   

I have already placed a support call.

I have not tested an email creation method so I don't know if there is a problem generally with ticket creation and CC'd emails.

typhoon87

I am testing the new build now.

Dept list getting cut off on profile tab is fixed, drop down box is now wider than the longest name.

History and Profile tab rendering larger than they should is NOT resolved and this is a blocking issue. If you have the history tab set as the default tab you cant get off of it. Not sure if this is an edge rendering issue or related to using a high DPI device. Ticket was a bug jury I have reopened it.

I am not able to save changes to a profile. I get an error box in the upper corner with no actual error text in it. opened a new ticket.

These are blocking issues.

chrisgrande

Looks just like my error, do you have Action Rules?

comtcjm

clients still can't download (or delete) attachments....

There is no mouse over text for the download icon

comtcjm

Also getting this screen (spinning circle with message "no data to show" when clicking on History, even when I have lots of tickets:

also getting this error while I restart WHD via the command line:

---

Warning:

The JKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS

12 which is an industry standard format using "keytool -importkeystore -srckeyst

ore c:/PROGRA~1/WebHelpDesk/conf/keystore.jks -destkeystore c:/PROGRA~1/WebHelpD

esk/conf/keystore.jks -deststoretype pkcs12".

Starting the Web Help Desk service...

Web Help Desk started.

---

Might be related to change of Java version...

typhoon87

I believe the keystore change is related to the java change, on my test system I reimported the cert and it went away.

I sometimes see that spinning circle but it only lasts a second or two then the data appears. I have not seen it hang with no data.

matt8

Looks like this is an update worth sitting out for a bit.....thanks to all for sharing your findings.

comtcjm

Had another weird issue with 12.7 our dev system, Web Help Desk PostgreSQL Embedded Database service has stopped over night, tried restarting the WHD service and the Web Help Desk PostgreSQL Embedded Database service, which failed to restarted. I had to reboot the server for WHD to work again.

I our production servers (SQL) I normally restart the WHD service at night, but on our dev (postgreSQL) boxes they just keep running.

Anyone experiencing something like this?

astrugatch

Found an issue with documentation. When installing the JDBC driver the documentation path shows : Install the MySQL JDBC Driver

But if you restart WHD after copying your driver to the specified location I got the error:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Could not find certificate with alias 'tomcat' at /usr/local/webhelpdesk/conf/keystore.jks with a password of '*********'.

Creating new self-signed, anonymous

certificate for alias 'tomcat' with a password of '*************'.

See README.txt for information on changing the certificate.

ERROR: Could not create keystore.

Placing the driver in /usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/webapps/helpdesk/WEB-INF/lib/ works correctly

comtcjm

Tech Interface - Help Icon takes you to https://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/WebHelpDesk/flarehelp/WHD_12-7-0_PA_en/default.htm#cshid=HelpDeskProductIntro  which gives a 404 error - now reported to SW - FIXED 24/4/2019

Client Interface - While trying to edit client profile if there are Client Custom fields they don't appear in the edit box, nor can you Save. - now reported to SW - Confirmed as Bug working on a fix 9th may 2019

robbit

Client side History search shows almost no results. Worked with SolarWinds tech team, they suggested a repair install, then a full reinstall. Issue not resolved. Reporting bug, hopefully 12.8 will be a better build.

cgsservicedesk

I just had a response to one of my many support requests since upgrading to 12.7, which included "I want to inform you that our Development has decided to remove WHD 12.7 installer from the Solarwinds Customer Portal due to an increase in volume of Customer issues after upgrading to WHD 12.7".  They then asked a bunch of questions about what backups/snapshots I had, so possibly they are looking at rolling me back to a previous version.  Will be interesting to see the next communication.  I'll certainly check on this forum before doing updates in future.

1 of 1 people found this helpful