This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMware vSphere Storage Appliance (VSA) and HP Store Virtual

Hi,

I´am currently testing the Orion suite (NPM, NTA, SAM, VMAN, DPA).

We use VMWare VSAs and HP Store Virtual in our virtual environment.

But I don't know how to add the Storage correctly. I tried to add it in VMAN and NPM with SNMP on the iLOs

I just get the physical view, no logical objects like LUNs.

what's the correct way to add VSAs?

Thank you

Regards

Ralf

• rsa00  wrote:

Hi,

I´am currently testing the Orion suite (NPM, NTA, SAM, VMAN, DPA).

We use VMWare VSAs and HP Store Virtual in our virtual environment.

But I don't know how to add the Storage correctly. I tried to add it in VMAN and NPM with SNMP on the iLOs

I just get the physical view, no logical objects like LUNs.

what's the correct way to add VSAs?

Thank you

Regards

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I'm curious how long you'll be utilizing VMware VSAs in your environment?  VMware announced end of availability for the product line in April 1, 2014 VMware vSphere Storage Appliance (VSA) for Shared Storage  and the vSphere Storage appliance 5.5 is out of general support, and will be end of technical guidance in the next year. https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/support/product-lifecycle-matrix.pdf

As such SAM & VMAN does not come with out of the box support for this solution, and if you're not getting what you need out of the SNMP monitoring, you may have to utilize the scripting options if there is an API available from the VSA to provide visibility into what you're looking for.