This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bad filename using config viewer

Hi

I have been using config viewer for some time to download router and switch configs to my local PC via tftp server.

I have recently been unable to do this any longer. I am wondering if anyone else has come across this issue?

The error receieved is "Transfer Failed Bad filename"

I have updated to the latest version of the toolset with no luck.

I have ensured that firewall is disabled and that TFTP server is running and pointing to the correct path.

Any help would be appreciated...
  • I have the same problem.

Does anyone know how to solve it?
  • Windows firewall - Exception - add programm
    Download config
    Add port
    tftp 69 port TCP and UDP
  • I have the "bad filename" problem, as well, when trying to download switch configs. Windows firewall is disabled. I even disabled realtime protection from my AV program; no go.

I loaded some Windows updates recently (week of 12/18/06). I wonder of any of them is messing with me.

The error log in TFTP shows an IP different from the switch. (??)

I was able to download one set of configs before the update; then nada.

TC
  • My problem has been solved. It seems that I was running HP Webjet admin, and it was using Port 69. So I just went to services and  turned off the WebJetAdmin service off.

I am having the same problem as everyone in this forum had. I have my Firewall turned off, I updated my system MIBs from the SW site, and even went ahead and add the Config DL to the Firewall Exptions. I just keep getting Tranfer Failed. Bad Filename.

I am running the newest update for Toolset 9.2.