This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Do i need hardware requirements double if i go to use same database for both orion and NTA flow data

Hi All,

I am going to use same database for both orion and NTA as i have database server of windows server 2016 sp1,

According to solarwinds recommendation for

• orion database - 16 GB memory and 40 GB harddisk .
  • NTA flow database - 16 GB memory and 40 GB harddisk.

If i going to use same database server for these two databases, Is i require these hardware like 32GB memory and 80 GB harddisk ...?????

• SolarWinds hardware recommendations are really hard to be 100% accurate they are only guidelines as YMMV. You need to factor in things such as what other modules you have in your environment. Is it just NPM and NTA or do you have other modules? What is your license tier (ie max capacity) vs your current monitoring capacity? What is your current FPS from NetFlow?

But at a basic level, the answer is yes, if you are going to bolt on additional modules to the base NPM then you should extend your system specs to accommodate that extra load. It doesn't always mean you need to double your hardware specs, but you should at least consider increasing them, or if your devices are virtual at least allow the ability to expand if/when required.

• We have planned to implement NPM NCM and NTA in our environment and We have licence of SL500.. . May i know what the harware requirements and is i can use same database server for both NPM and NTA..?