This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL Single Character Wildcard / String Parsing

Does SWQL have a single character wildcard?  I've been working with the SDK for a while and find string parsing to be the greatest difficulty.

I'm still trying to find a way to work around for the lack of IP Address sorting.  SWQL functions for IP Addresses

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/10592

I generally find I need REGEX pattern matching MySQL :: MySQL 5.7 Reference Manual :: 3.3.4.7 Pattern Matching and a bunch of string functions MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 12.5 String Functions that just don't exist.

How do people generally accomplish what is needed using only SubString and CharIndex?

Nesting of these functions doesn't appear to work...

SELECT N.IPAddress AS IP

, N.DnsBackward

, SUBSTRING( IP

, 1

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,1)-1) AS O1

, SUBSTRING( IP

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,1)+1

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,1))-1) AS O2

, SUBSTRING( IP

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,1))+1

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,1)))-1) AS O3

, SUBSTRING( IP

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,1)))+1

, CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,CHARINDEX('.',IP,1))))-1) AS O4

FROM IPAM.IPNode AS N