This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Agent Updates Taking Forever - SAM 6.8

We updated to SAM 6.8 on Friday and we're used to the agents needing updating and taking upto 24 hours but at the moment we are not even 20% through the agent updates.

Is there any reason that this would be happening, they are going through but taking hours per agent.

Going to try a manual update shortly but suspect that will just work. We can't be manually updating 1k agents on our estate.

Has anybody else come across this problem?

• Hi Matt,

I have not heard of this happening to anyone else as of yet... If it continues to be an issue please open a ticket and ping the ticket number back here or message me directly with it so I can follow up.

• Hi JVB

I'm off at the moment but one of my guys raised 00288068 earlier, yet to be picked up by support.

We still haven't hit 200 agents upgraded in over 36 hours, really no idea what's going on here.

Thanks Matt

• Are these Agents by chance located across high latency, low bandwidth links? I've also seen similar behavior when Agent traffic is in the low priority queue, so it may be worth checking any CBQoS or bandwind shaping policies which might be slowing the agent upgrade process.

• Most of it is on the same virtual infrastructure sat on some really high end kit.

Got to be something with our setup but don’t understand what.

Manual installs work fine

• So as not to overwhelm WAN links, the agent upgrade process limits itself to 10 Agents at a time, meaning that only 10 Agents will be upgraded in parallel while the remaining agents sit in a queue until one or more agents have been successfully upgraded or timed out, freeing up one of the 10 slots. While on a good local LAN connection, each agent should not take any longer than a few minutes to upgrade. If local agents are taking upwards of 20-30min each to upgrade, then it's likely a sign of file locking occurring on the remote system, possibly the result of antivirus. I would recommend opening a case with support so we can rummage through your agent diagnostics to determine what's going on.

• Thanks aLTeReGo we’ve a call logged with support (00288068) and my guys are currently uploading logs to it.

They’re taking a minimum of an hour each so definitely something at play, AV is an interesting one. Not had any issues previously but it’s an angle I hadn’t thought of.

• **UPDATE**

We still have the same issue 2 weeks on, ticket currently with DEV.

It doesn't look like the request to update is getting from the poller to the agents, AGENTUPDATESVC never runs.

All agent communication is working fine apart from this which as i understand just uses the standard agent ports anyway 17778-17791

• Hi Matt... I just double checked the ticket and it is indeed being investigated by the dev team. Both myself and aLTeReGo​ are keeping an eye on it internally.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate!