This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Setup?

Hello

We just installed NCM, and Netflow. Right now I am mainly trying to get familiar with NCM so I can utilize it to make my life easier. I am a Jr Network Admin for an Enterprise atmosphere. Its a large oil refinery. Lots of switches out in the field. I would like to get it set up so that I do a lot from Solarwinds and have some scripts set up to just be able to execute..Here is a list of the things I want to be able to use it for. Hopefully I can get it all set up little by little.

To be able to execute commands from Solarwinds for basic troubleshooting, Vlan adds, changes, show log, show run, sh int status, etc

Set it up to detect various vulnerabilities

Notify me of end of life devices

Push firmware upgrades right from Solarwinds

maybe reload commands,

Is there a way to just import all my devices into NCM that are already being monitored in Solarwinds.

I plan on taking some of the online classes but for starters I would like to get everything set up to do the commands and services I use daily. 

Maybe i can get input from anyone who has already set this up and are using it?

Thanks

Rob