Solar Putty Disconnecting (NETWORK (REBOOT))!

Hi,

I'm really enjoying the Solar putty client. However, when I step away from my desk the Putty Connection closes.

I'm left with a picture of the 2 gears underneath it says "Network (reboot)!" and below that is the blue reconnect button.

How can I stop Solar putty from closing the sessions when I'm afk.

Please assist and advise on this matter

Thank you

solarputs.PNG

• Hi haoshu,

I think that the disconnection is caused by the remote server. A session left idle will disconnect at a time determined by the host server. Try enabling keep-alives. This causes PuTTY to send null SSH packets to the remote host periodically, preventing the session from timing out. The client can be configured to always establish a connection which will not time out due to inactivity. To create and save a new keep-alive connection, follow these steps:

1. In Solar-PuTTY open Settings->General->Launch PuTTY
    2. Go to the Options panel (labeled "Category") on the left of the window.
    3. Select (click) the "Connection" item.
    4. In the ​​"Sending of null packets to keep the session active" area on the right, change the default value of "Seconds between keepalives" from 0 (turn off) to 1800 (30 minutes).
    5. Select the "Enable TCP keepalives (SO_KEEPALIVE option)" check box.
    6. On the topmost left side of the Options panel, select (click) "Session"
    7. Select "Default Settings" and click Save button.

If your connected sessions still time out, enter a lower number of seconds into the "Seconds between keepalives" value.

Cheers!

Richard

• Its not working in solar putty - It worked in normal putty - this is the only problem with solar putty for me - session time out :(

• Its not working in solar putty - It worked in normal putty - this is the only problem with solar putty for me - session time out :(
    If you have found solution - please let me know else I have to find some another putty manager.