This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to standardize units in a custom table/report

I have created a custom table of all LUNs in my environment that sub totals by a custom property (i.e. "application name").  However, when I export it to Excel the numbers are suffixed with "TB" or "GB".  I had planned to use this spreadsheet to create pie and bar charts but now I have to fiddle with the Excel data to move the TB/GB literal values to a new column then use an Excel "=if" command to multiply TB by 1024.  Is there a way to standardize the units that a custom table displays to be either GB or TB, but not both?

• So either there are no Storage Admins using this product or nobody is using SRM for any reporting.  Anyways I found the answer to my question on my own.  If you want to know the answer, ask.

Since becoming a user of this forum and looking for answers to several questions that were not in any documentation or in the support knowledge base, I noticed that there are a lot of posts on this forum that have many views but NO replies.  I have seen questions posted for days, weeks, months, and years with no replies.  Very disappointing.  This certainly does not seem like a place that I will go often to find answers.

• I will say srm is significantly less common than npm or sam, since there is nothing especially unique to srm reporting as opposed to those other modules you'd probably get more traction just asking questions like this in those sections,  or in the dedicated reporting subforum.Report Lab

• Apparently when adding "columns" to a chart/table you can edit the column and select the metric from a drop down.  Thanks again SW community.  This is the ultimate definition of "self service".