This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM Install on Server 2016 Help

I am currently trying to install the LEM on a server 2016.  I am importing LEM version 6.6.  I follow the documentation provided to me and importing the VM.  When I try to start the VM I am given a generic 'SolarWinds Log & Event Manager' failed to start.  Details only show the VM ID, no error code.  I look in the event viewer and I find Error 32900 'An absolute path must be specified in order to allocate from the root Hard Disk Image pool'.  The details show a relative path to the VHDX but there is not an absolute path.  If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears (or eyes in this case).  Thanks!

• This guide walks through the steps involved in deploying LEM on Hyper-V. Can you confirm which 'virtual machine' folder you selected from the extract LEM download?

• Yes, I followed that exact guide step by step, not once, but 3 times, all resulting in the same error.  The basic documentation found with the install files does not help.  This is the same documentation that support has already sent to me as well.

I use the xml file found in the 2012 folder because that is how you import a VM into Hyper-V.  The documentation says exactly what folder to chose when installing, even on the 2016 server...

I have 3 different version release of the LEM as well, still nothing.

Do you have an idea that is not the basic documentation already provided by SolarWinds?

• What is the relative path that it's seeing? Do you have profile re-direction of some kind enabled where your desktop is actually on a file server? If so, are you able to try importing from a local machine or a secondary (for example D:\ ) drive instead?

If you have a screenshot of the error it may help provide some context if the above doesn't help you get to a resolution.