This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multiple host Info in one report

hey!!

I am trying to get info from 400+ devices to be aggregated to one report.  For example, i want to run an activity that will send the command "show interface | inc 192.168.", to all of my routers and save device output to one file.  you know...so i don't have to go through 400+ reports to collate the data. 

The requirements are:

1.  i need the device name

2.  i need the interface info

I have tried the below, but all i find in the report is the last host...

! %getDeviceName - Start

sho ip int brie | inc 192.168.

! %getDeviceName - Finish

What i need is:

Router1 - Start

GigabitEthernet0/0   192.168.194.185 YES NVRAM  up                    up

Router1 - Finish

Router2 - Start

GigabitEthernet0/0   192.168.195.185 YES NVRAM  up                    up

Router2 - Finish

ANY help is appreciated!

thanks!

• jkrier​ I do this exact thing to create our daily DHCP summary page. I have a job for NCM which runs the same command (show dhcp clients) across all of our Occam/Calix DSLAM blades. It saves the command results into a single file, appending each result below the previous. While this is not a fancy report, it is easily searchable, easy to use, and easy to setup. (It's just a default setting in the NCM job)

NCM_Command_Results_Single_Report_20190211_1338.png

Would something like work, or are you needing something a bit more specific/detailed?

Thank you,

-Will

• hey Will,

Thanks for the reply!  I don't really need anything detailed, just the word "loop", I can do the rest with Notepad++.  As for NCM unfortunately, all I have CatTools…..  We're not that fancy.  emoticons_happy.png

also...ANY idea's will help

thanks again!

• jkrier​ Well, unfortunately, I'm not too sure what options are available within CatTools. If CatTools can dump the results into a single folder, perhaps you can put together a little script (bash, PowerShell, etc.) to read through all the files, and return/append matching results into a single file. I wish I had more experience with that tool so I could help you.

Thank you, and sorry I could not have been of help on this one. Hopefully you figure out a solution soon.

-Will