This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Switch Port Mapper Missing Blades on 6509

Hello, I am using the switch port mapper on a 6509(Hybrid mode) and it seems to be working except it won't map out any ports on the 10/100 blades. Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks!!
Brian
  • Never had a problem with it not mapping out blades on my 6500's. The one thing I can think of is that you aren't specifying the VLAN that you want to map out. If your other ports are on VLAN1 or trunking (ie: including VLAN 1) and you simply map it out using the community string (let say its "public"), all you get is VLAN 1.

If instead you put in "public@555" for the switch SNMP community, it will then map out the ports that are on VLAN 555. If all your copper ports are on this other VLAN, they will magically reappear for you...

quote:Originally posted by MagellanTX

Hello, I am using the switch port mapper on a 6509(Hybrid mode) and it seems to be working except it won't map out any ports on the 10/100 blades. Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks!!
    Brian

Craig Norborg
    Network Analyst
    Robert Bosch Corporation