This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Possible to have a VMAN alert delete the 'oldest' snapshot, not the 'last' snapshot.

We're running vRealize Automation here and my 400+ users don't understand the purpose and dangers of snapshots.  We've tried to get them to follow VMware's best practices, but they want infinite snapshots and to store them forever.  As a compromise we allow the users to create up to 5 snapshots of their VM's, and they can revert to them for up to 30 days.  Unfortunately while vRealize Automation will stop the users from creating additional snapshots, or reverting to old ones, it does not automatically delete old snapshots.  I was looking at if I could automate cleaning them up via VMAN, but when I set the alert the only action I see is to delete the last snapshot, which would be the most recent, not the oldest snapshot.  Manually using the delete snapshot functionality in VMAN allows me to select the oldest snapshot (and fortunately not include the child snapshots).  Has anyone every tried anything like this or have any suggestions on how to set VMAN to do it tied to the alert?