This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM Base URL Question

I have ARM installed and configured for our domain, but I am hitting a stumbling block with entering the base url in the configuration program.  What would be the base url?  There is no help or example in the application.  Thanks in advance!

• Hi skornegay,

by default that would be:

https://<HOSTNAME>

or

https://<HOSTNAME>/sso/login

to link directly to sso.

<HOSTNAME> is the hostname of the machine hosting the ARM web interface, by default your ARM server. If you haven´t installed the web interface you can also leave this field blank.

Regards

• So I got the base url fixed, but I am still having issues with the web config.  It keeps stating my AppPool and other IIS objects aren't there.  Shouldn't the application build these by default in IIS?  If not, I cannot find any documentation explaining what needs to be done in IIS Manager to fix this issue.  I am not a webmaster, so IIS is not my strong suit.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi skornegay,

have you executed the ARM - Web Configuration? If not follow the description below.

pastedImage_0.png

First you have to install an ssl certificate in your IIS console under "Server Certificates". Once that is installed execute the web configuration, select the certificate from the dropdown selection under "Binding" and click "Deploy".

After that the status indicator for Application Pool and Web Site should be green and the web interface should be working:

pastedImage_1.png

If you have done this initial configuration already and it still doesnt work you should probably contact support.

Regards

• I never get the Application Pool Installed/Operational or the Web Site Installed/Operational.

Untitled.jpg

• Hi skornegay,

as i said in my previous post you have to install a ssl certificate in your iis console first and deploy the components.

Here is a tutorial to creating a self signed certificate which you can use for the configuration: How to Create a Self Signed Certificate in IIS | About SSL

After you have done that click on "Refresh" in the Web Configuration, select the certificate from the dropdown under "Binding" and then click "Deploy ARM Web Components"

Regards