This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to generate a web based report for all the alert names configured in solarwinds

Hi,

I wanted to generate a web based report in solarwinds for all the alerts created (alert names) and its status (On/Off).

Or to simply say 'To create a web based report' containing all the information in 'Manager Alerts' page as an excel sheet.

• You should be able to get this report with a Custom Table and using a SWQL Query

SELECT Name, Description

FROM Orion.AlertDefinitions

WHERE Enabled = 'True'

I included Description in the SELECT line above thinking it may have value in a report where the Name alone would be pretty plain. If you don't like the description you can remove it from that line or simply not add the column while building the report.

• you can create a report using the sql query:

Select Distinct Name From [dbo].[AlertConfigurations]

Where Enabled='True'

• Thanks for the query. Also please guide me to include the owner column in the report as displayed in the manage alerts

• Thanks for the query. Also please guide me to include the owner column in the report as displayed in the manage alerts

• The below SWQL Query will get you what you need.

SELECT Name,Description,CreatedBy,Enabled

FROM Orion.AlertConfigurations

The AlertConfigurations table has what you're looking for, you can look at the full table using the SWQL Studio and find that data you need. The above command includes what you're after.

prashantsingh​ was looking at a more appropriate table in his response, in that table "AlertConfigurations" you're able to find all alerts, their status, as well as who created the alert. I'd suggest you study that table if you need to add any columns in the future.