10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 10:11 AM by steveconner

Get-SwisData : An error occurred when verifying security for the message

steveconner

Hi Folks

Further to my post back in October, I've experienced a recurrence of this issue.

Unfortunately this time it impacted our server build process albeit minimally.

Previously I had only seen the error while interrogating Orion DB using powershell locally, this time I was using SWQL Studio, developing a query to furnish an alert in SolarWinds.

After a couple of hours (first time working with SWQL and the Orion DB) the SWQL console popped up an error message, unfortunately I didn't get a screen grab of it but if someone can point me at a log to look at I'll see if I can retrieve it.

At the same time I saw errors from our server build process failing to enroll nodes in SolarWinds, on investigation I discovered it was this same issue

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Get-SolarWindsNode: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.
      Get-SolarWindsNode is just our wrapper function which is calling Get-SwisData, I tested in powershell console and got the original 'An error occurred when verifying..." etc. message.
      This is not an account issue, the server build process uses a service account and had been working for over a month (and continues to work now), SWQL Studio had been logged in using my AD account and had been working for a couple of hours prior to breaking.
      I attempted Information Service restart on SolarWinds node but with no success. Also tried to find any specific log or event entries but again with no success
      At no point was SolarWinds UI or the monitoring, alerting or add node functionality of it affected.
      Next morning, problem had disappeared. All connections available again.
      I really need to understand what's happening here, could be an underlying transport issue and nothing to do with Orion SDK but I need to prove it one way or the other.
      Any help greatly appreciated.
      Further info...
      While SWIS powershell and SWQL studio were failing I could still run the SQL by way of simulating alerts in alert manager and correct Orion data was being returned