This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

TFTP Server on XP SP2 does not work

I can ping the tftp (V 5.3.23) server and file config> is set to transmit and receive but I can't receive or send a file. I get a timeout. There is no entry in the logfile.
The tftp is running (task manager).
I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

With the tftp on w2k I have no problem at all.

Thanks for any answer.
Roger
  • Roger,
    The XP SP2 firewall has blocked access to the TFTP Server.
    You must add an entry to the Network Connection to allow access to port 69 (TFTP Server).

I do not have an XP machine in front of me at this time and cannot remember exactly where the firewall settings are. But, I think they are under the "Advanced" tab on the Properties dialog box for your Network Connection. Open Control Panel and select "Network Connections". Then double click on your network connection. I think it's under the "Advanced Tab"
  • Don,
    Ufff, you are right.
    Thanks a lot.
  • I had the same problem and added port 69 but still is not working. The tftp server is running but it is not listening on any port. What am I missing? can naybody help?

Thanks....
  • I to am having the same problem. I have WINXP SP2 and I added Solar Winds to the exceptions list and even put it in manually under port 69 and I am still getting that dreaded %error timed out error. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.