This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM Reports - What Special Characters Not Allowed in Password

All;

I just lost a day trying to figure why I could not run a report.  It was locking my account on the domain.

Finally I realized there was a %, \ and a ; in the password.

There was nothing telling me I had "bad characters" in my password.

Is there a list of passwords not allowed for reports.  The account with that password worked for the air console or using the web page.

Thank You

Steve

• What version of LEM and Reports?

I've noticed a similar issue with a password containing the @ character with LEM 6.6 and Reports 6.4, and I don't know if that's a new behavior or something that's always been there.  Likewise, the same password works fine for the web console.

• We use a password generator that sometime gives us characters that are not allowed.  However this time I did not see a warning or anything.  When we looked and decided to change the password finally I worked.  I looked at the logs when I run reports and hsql threw an error while using the bad password.  It cleared while going through a kb on login error to reports.  I was trying to verify port 9001 when suddenly it cleared.  I made no phone calls to the server or McAfee guys about that port and suddenly it worked after the password change.

Thanks for the reply curtisi.