This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to categorize or search Logs for Different Sources

Dear All Experts,

I am running Kiwi Syslog server for log events collection of different servers and currently i am in testing mode. the problem currently i am facing is that all the spurce server logs are displaying in the same page simultaneously. Logs of each server are not categorized and neither i found any search option in the dashboard where i can search the logs for the specific server. All logs are mixed.

What i want that is there any method to categorize the logs of each server at the dashboard i.e exchange server logs are displaying in exchange server logs option, domain controllers or esxi hosts are displaying in their respective sections to easy trace the errors and logs. Right now all logs and errors are mixing with each others.

Seeking the help in this regards.

Waiting for the response from experts here.

Thanks.

• amir.khan​,

Kiwi is extremely configurable. I would even argue that it can give much pricier syslog servers a run for their money.

Out of the box though, without any configuration, it's only a log collector and a very basic one at that. You can set up rules to separate logs from different sources, log them into separate files, separate displays and separate database tables.