5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2018 9:37 AM by jujuju9090

Welcome to the new DNSstuff!

KMSigma

Before I worked for SolarWinds, DNSstuff was my go-to place for checking how the rest of the internet saw my domain information. After joining SolarWinds, it’s still my go-to place. Over the years, we have increased the value of the site by adding tool reviews, guides, industry news, tweaking existing tools, and adding entirely new free tools. Realistically, the site hasn’t had many formatting updates over the last five years. That needed to change.

We took a step back and realized that DNS, at its heart, is about communication—making sure that computers know how to find each other so you can find a website or send an email to the proper recipient. With this in mind, we decided to make communication the top priority of the site moving forward.

Optimzing for Communication

In the spirit of communication, we’ve decided to give the posts and reviews top billing. Providing information that’s relevant to your job, today, is our most important goal. Also, we feel that gaining new skills and understanding new areas of technology is critical to staying relevant in the ever-changing landscape that is IT, so we’re going to be providing resources on topics like networking, systems, databases, security, cloud, and help desk, too

Don’t agree with us? That’s great! We want to hear from you. At the bottom of each post on DNSstuff is a place where you can put your comments—encouraging communication between us and the IT community at large.

Where Are My Tools?

Fear not, the tools that you’ve come to know and rely on are still there, they’ve just been shifted around a little bit. Just click on the Free Tools link on the toolbar, and there you are.

The tools are categorized by their need: Domain Tools, IP Tools, Networking Tools, and Email Tools.

For me, the one that really jumps out is the Email Path Analyzer tool. This is probably because I was a mail administrator in a previous life.

What About Feedback?

As always, if you have a problem with one of the tools on DNSstuff, we want to know. If you think it could be improved or updated to be more relevant to you, just let us know on the DNSstuff THWACK® forum. If you have something to say about one of the posts, please comment. Like I said before, this is a place for all IT opinions, not just that of the authors. Let us know if one of us got something wrong in the article or if you agree. Lastly, if you’d like to contribute an article to DNSstuff, please let us know. We’re always on the lookout for fresh content and furthering discussions.