This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UDT - Device Tracker Summary - How to list only Physical Interface

This is for Interface capacity reports/summary.    (See Attachment)

We currently are able to see the summary output of Ports Used in Percentage, Numb of Ports Available and Numb of Ports Used.

However the data shown by Solarwinds UDT Summary is not accurate since its calculating the Virtual Interface, Port-Channel and

other non-physical interface.

We want the summary output to only show/calculate the physical interface.

Please note that deleting / un-monitor the Port-Channel/Virtual-Interface is not allowed here since we'r e

depending on the Port-Channel Interfaces for Mac-Address data collection which comes under UDT Ad-Hoc Reporting.

I've created a ticket today with Solarwinds Tech Support since we're a paid customer.

However, if anyone (Twackers) can help me out here - I will salute you  emoticons_happy.png

• you can create Custom Table resource based on SWQL query

SELECT S.NodeID, N.Status, N.Caption, N.IP_Address, S.LastScan, S.LastSuccessfulScan, S.LastScanResult,

ISNULL(AllPortCount.NodeTotal,0) AS [PortCount],

ISNULL(AllActivePortCount.NodeTotal,0) AS [ActivePortCount],

(ISNULL(AllPortCount.NodeTotal,0) - ISNULL(AllActivePortCount.NodeTotal,0)) AS PortsAvailable,

CASE WHEN (ISNULL(AllPortCount.NodeTotal,0) = 0 OR ISNULL(AllActivePortCount.NodeTotal,0) = 0) THEN 0

ELSE ((ISNULL(AllActivePortCount.NodeTotal,0) * 100 ) / ISNULL(AllPortCount.NodeTotal,0)) END AS [PortPercentUsed]

FROM Orion.Nodes (nolock=true) N

INNER JOIN Orion.UDT.NodeCapability (nolock=true) S ON N.NodeID=S.NodeID AND S.Capability = 2

RIGHT OUTER JOIN (SELECT NodeID, COUNT(PortID) AS NodeTotal

FROM Orion.UDT.Port p WHERE p.PortType = 6 GROUP BY NodeID ) AllPortCount ON AllPortCount.NodeID = S.NodeID

RIGHT OUTER JOIN (SELECT NodeID, COUNT(PortID) AS NodeTotal

FROM Orion.UDT.Port p WHERE p.PortType = 6

GROUP BY NodeID, OperationalStatus HAVING OperationalStatus = 1) AllActivePortCount ON AllActivePortCount.NodeID = S.NodeID

WHERE ISNULL(AllPortCount.NodeTotal,0) > 0

ORDER BY [PortPercentUsed] DESC, [ActivePortCount] DESC, [PortsAvailable] ASC

Here you define the port type to filter out. The resulting table will look like below, you can play with data formatting, etc.

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi there,

Thanks for the solution.

How do I create the Custom Table for UDT?

• 1. pastedImage_0.png

2. pastedImage_1.png

3. Drag Custom Table widget

pastedImage_2.png

4. Configure widget

pastedImage_5.png

Remaining steps are pretty simple

• Hi Maryan,

Thanks for the solution.

I just logged in to Solarwinds and tried to find the "Customize Page" but didn't find it.

Maybe its because we haven't upgraded from NPM 12.1  / UDT 3.2.4.

Could that be the reason.  Let me go back on Monday and try this on working hours.

Thanks Maryan .