2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 5:09 PM by adamc

MySQL Upgrade 'Unknown table 'api_key' in information_schema'

adamc

Hi all,

I am attempting to move my install to Linux from Mac

Step 1 is to move WHD,

step 2 will be to migrate from MySQL to Postgres

So I have MySQL on a Mac, Web Help Desk fresh install on a linux VM

This error is from WHD when I attempt to use the MySQL database.

All of the credentials are accepted ok, then it says ‘we need to upgrade the database’

Upgrade appears to go ok, but then WHD spews this error after the upgrade-

Unknown table 'api_key' in information_schema

Stack Trace

Unknown table 'api_key' in information_schemaat com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:120)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1218)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData$7.forEach(DatabaseMetaData.java:2965)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData$7.forEach(DatabaseMetaData.java:2953)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.IterateBlock.doForAll(IterateBlock.java:56)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys(DatabaseMetaData.java:3006)

at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel._jdbcGetAttributesForEntity(JDBCChannel.java:806)

at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.describeModelWithTableNames(JDBCChannel.java:1059)

at com.macsdesign.util.MDSDBUpdater.updateDatabaseWithModelNamed(MDSDBUpdater.java:216)

at com.macsdesign.whd.HelpDeskDBLoader.updateDatabase(HelpDeskDBLoader.java:132)

at com.macsdesign.whd.ui.DBUpdateProgress.performAction(DBUpdateProgress.java:139)

at com.webobjects.woextensions.WOLongResponsePage.run(WOLongResponsePage.java:125)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel._jdbcGetAttributesForEntity(JDBCChannel.java:823)

at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.describeModelWithTableNames(JDBCChannel.java:1059)

at com.macsdesign.util.MDSDBUpdater.updateDatabaseWithModelNamed(MDSDBUpdater.java:216)

at com.macsdesign.whd.HelpDeskDBLoader.updateDatabase(HelpDeskDBLoader.java:132)

at com.macsdesign.whd.ui.DBUpdateProgress.performAction(DBUpdateProgress.java:139)

at com.webobjects.woextensions.WOLongResponsePage.run(WOLongResponsePage.java:125)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I have verified that lower_case_names is set correctly before import as per here-

Upgrading to Web Help Desk 12.6 for MySQL users - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

I have also deleted and recreated the table as per here-

Table 'whd.API_KEY' doesn't exist

But there appears to be no data in the table, so I dropped it and tried again.

This time it complained about the next table-

Unknown table 'apn_device' in information_schema

This is driving me nuts, I have literally spent months on this project.

Please help.