This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert once the condition satisfy for more than X objects in NPM

​If the condition in the alert satisfy for more that 10 objects then alert need to generate. In that alert action all the objects need to mention.

​For example:

​We are monitoring the AP'S if any flap happen nearly 400 AP's will go down in each location. In current we will get all the tickets. For this we need any solution to correlate in one alert.

• Adding my response to your DM here, so others can find the answer as well.

My first thought would be to look at creating a group and then alerting when X objects are down. You most likely need to do this with a swql alert. So you'd setup a custom swql alert for group objects, then add something similar to this in the lower box:

JOIN (

SELECT COUNT(Name) AS [Down], ContainerID

FROM Orion.ContainerMembers

WHERE Status = 2

GROUP BY ContainerID

) d ON d.ContainerID = Groups.ContainerID

WHERE d.Down >= 10

AND Groups.Name = 'groupName'

that should get you in the right ballpark at least. You could also do this without a group, but using groups allows you to use a variable in the message that shows the group members with problems. That's a LOT harder without a group.

• I'm just curious, is there a reason why the "alert can be triggered if more than xx objects" option isn't working for you?

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi Leon Adato,

Am accepting this feature working fine for me but if i enable this then i will not get the genuine alerts.

For example:

if i enable this alert with more than 10:

If any one AP down it will not trigger so i will miss genuine alerts.

If i enable without count features:

It will trigger for all the AP like our current scenario.

My requirement is if less than 5 events means need to trigger alert for all AP's if More than 5 events means need to trigger one alert for all AP down. In the alert action all the AP comes under this condition need to fetch. This is what am looking and this will help us lot for AP alerting.

Alert once the condition satisfy for more than X objects in NPM

• It seems challenging to want an alert that triggers individual messages when the affected devices are less than x, but a single message when more than y, simply because of the contradictory logic involved.

HOWEVER, you CAN put the list of affected objects into the message regardless of how many caused the alert to trigger:

The list of objects is:${SQL: SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]

FROM Orion.Packages.Wireless.AccessPoints AS E0

WHERE ( ( E0.[Status] = '2' ) )}

That's specific to access points, of course, but (for those looking to use this in other situations), I simple created a VERY simple alert trigger (when access point status = down) and used the dropdown to display the SWQL. Then I pasted that into my alert message.

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi Leon Adato,

I have tried your suggestion but its not working correctly. We are monitoring all the AP in WLC.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

Alert is not showing the objects. Kindly help me in this AP bulk outage.

• You insert the code I gave you into a "SWQL" variable. So go into the alert message, click the "insert variable" button, check the "Define SQL/SWQL" checkbox at the bottom, select whether your query is SQL or SWQL (the code I gave you was SWQL, but it all depends on what you are doing specifically), and then insert that variable. So it's more than making the message

SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]

WHERE ( ( E0.[Status] = '2' )

It needs to be wrapped in a SQL or SWQL variable as such:

${N=SWQL;M=SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]

WHERE ( ( E0.[Status] = '2' ) }

• Hi Leon Adato,

I have done the testing regrading the Bulk AP outage. In Result am getting only the AP down list, but i need the AP getting disappear from the WLC. All the AP's associate with WLC through WLC solarwinds is monitoring the AP status. if any issue happen AP will disappear from the WLC this disappearing event am able to see in Solarwinds.

Required EVENT :

pastedImage_0.png

IN NPM LOG EVENT OUTPUT :

pastedImage_1.png

IN NPM MAIL OUTPUT :

swis://XXXXX/Orion/Orion.Nodes/NodeID=3413/AccessPoints/ID=7027

Condition i mention is :

${N=SWQL;M=SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]

WHERE ( ( E0.[Status] != '1' ) )}

• Can you send me a screenshot of the alert trigger, and the alert trigger action? That will help me dig deeper into this.

• As per the request kindly check the below mention details

Trigger Condition:

pastedImage_0.png

Trigger Action:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Output of Actions:

In Mail-

pastedImage_6.png

IN Active alert-

We are not getting any active alert for AP Disappear from WLC events.

• Any Solution for this AP alerting ?????