3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2004 10:52 PM by GianniTrujillo

Network Performance Monitor Database Corrupt

Hi, ive been using version 7 for two months now, collecting data of intel servers and cisco equipment. Yesterday i tried to add a second CAT 6500 to the database, and it crashed the program.  Now everytime i tried to start the performance monitor, i get the following error: "The Network Performance Monitor Database/license is seriously corrupt.  Please contact Solarwinds Technical Support for assistance".

Please, i need help! Dont want to lose 2 months worth of data.

Gianni

Gianni
        • Re: Network Performance Monitor Database Corrupt
          Network_Guru
          One word - backups

Restore an earlier version of the database file, or contact SW Tech support.

-=Cheers=-
                    NG
            Have you tried the database recovery tools?

Cheers
            Ric Knight
              Thanks for all of you that replied.  SolarWinds tech support gave me the solution to the problem.  Here it is:

To fix this, you will need to open the database with Microsoft Access (2000, XP, or 2003).  Before opening the database, ensure that the Network Performance Monitor application is closed.  I recommend making a copy of the database and placing it somewhere else on your hard drive for a backup.  The database is named SWNetPerfMon.cfg and it is located in the folder C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Engineer's Edition.  After you open the database, open the table named "Pollers".  Delete any lines that reference N:0 in the column named "NetObject".  To delete the record, click on the gray box to the left of the row so that it highlights the entire row, then right click on the same spot and select Delete Record.

After this, close Microsoft Access and then open Network Performance Monitor.

I'll start doing backups regularly now! 

Gianni

Gianni