3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2005 12:59 AM by kuldeepwalia

Tftp port 69 yet occuped...

hey, i am sorry, but i have this problem:
      the soft tell me i have port 69 occuped and its because i have yet a tftp opened...how is it possible, i just rebbot the pc, and the only thing i do is try to launch tftp ...at the first time, he tell me there is a tftp opened.
      how i can check port 69? how i can free him ? where is it possible to check if tftp is not yet launched, it doesnt appear in task manager on winXP.
      thx for your soluce

---ANARCHY---
        • Re: Tftp port 69 yet occuped...
          The MSBlaster virus (and variants) launch a TFTP server as part of their infection that would not show up on the taskmanager as a tftp server.  From the command prompt in XP you can try typing in netstat -a and look for a process that has port 69 open.  It is possible that you are infected with one of these viruses.
            quote:Originally posted by Keyan

The MSBlaster virus (and variants) launch a TFTP server as part of their infection that would not show up on the taskmanager as a tftp server. From the command prompt in XP you can try typing in netstat -a and look for a process that has port 69 open. It is possible that you are infected with one of these viruses.

Hi,

Query : While opening TFTP server it is giving an error saying,
            "Cannot start TFTP server.A TFTP is already running on port 69"

I am Gopal.I found your query in Solarwinds forum and right now I am facing the same problem of "Port 69 Occupied".Currently I am working in Windows 2000 platform.

I scanned the entire system but there never exists "MS Balster Virus"
            but still i am facing the same problem.

Can you pls give me a solution for this.

Regards,
            Gopal
              Even I am facing the same issue and all my system scans didnt detect any worm, the www search however tells me that thr might be a worm in ur system.

Connected
              Kuldeep S Walia