This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

XP SP2 and Toolset

Hi,

Ever since installing XP SP2 (and disabling firewall) Network Performance Monitor fails to record any data after about an hour, although I can view Current Traffic, but any chart turns up with 2 bar grpahs (if 30 minutes) then that's it.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks.

• I'm having the same problem, only I didn't upgrade to SP2. I'm running the toolset on a Win2k3 server. I didn't notice the problem until upgrading to v7.1.

Let me know if you find a fix.
  • Interesting. Since installing SP2 for XP my Solarwinds TFTP server has been behaving strangly. I have used the TFTP app on both my laptop and desktop for several years now without any problems at all, but since I have installed SP2 I have been unable to complete a file transfer. It always starts off fine, but after a few megabytes has been passed the router starts displaying 'O' instead of '!' once this occurs the TFTP server looks like it is still passing data (the % number just keeps on increasing), but it goes unresponsive and has to be reset. This identical behavior occurs on both my laptop and desktop. The 'O' from the router means that it is receiving data but it is corrupted. I have windows firewall disabled and do not run any other firewall product. I have also specifically permissioned TFTP in the windows firewall setup, just in case! I hope the Solarwinds guys fix this soon! (I am an Engineers Toolset and Orion customer)
  • quote:Originally posted by tschultz

I'm having the same problem, only I didn't upgrade to SP2. I'm running the toolset on a Win2k3 server. I didn't notice the problem until upgrading to v7.1.

Let me know if you find a fix.

Oops sorry, didn't realise anyone replied.

I ended up wiping it and reinstalling, however after a week of running, it has done it again at 2.30am (just after the databse backs up)

Both times the version has been 7.1, had no problems in Ver 5. This time the DB was only 200MB, compared to the 1.2GB before.

Anyone else having problems with Ver 7.1 and recording to databases?

Cheer.