This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report that lists users along with their SSMS usages?

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a report that I can generate that lists users along with their SSMS(program) usages?

• Philip, DPA does not have a report per se that will show this information, but we could use a custom query to mine the data from the DPA repository database. I assume you want to know which SQL statements those users are executing from within SSMS. Here is something to get you started. Replace the instance name 'AVANTIS' with your instance name as listed in the DPA home page.

CONSW - the main session waits table that has all wait times, SQLs, user, etc

CONPR - lookup table for program, CONSW.UDPW is the program id value

CONU - lookup table for database user, CONSW.XCUW is the user id value

CONST - contains the SQL Text, CONSW.IZHO is the sql hash value

DECLARE @DBID varchar(5), @SQL varchar(1000);

SELECT @DBID = ID FROM ignite.COND WHERE NAME = 'AVANTIS'; -- substitute the instance name here

SET @SQL = 'SELECT u.NAME AS [Username], pr.NAME AS [Program], st.ST AS [SQL Text], sum(sw.QP)/100 as [WaitSeconds]

FROM ignite.CONSW_'+@DBID+' sw

INNER JOIN ignite.CONU_'+@DBID+' u ON u.ID = sw.XCUW

INNER JOIN ignite.CONPR_'+@DBID+' pr ON pr.ID = sw.UDPW

INNER JOIN ignite.CONST_'+@DBID+' st ON st.H = sw.IZHO

WHERE pr.NAME like ''%Management Studio%''

GROUP BY u.NAME, pr.NAME, st.ST

ORDER BY [WaitSeconds] DESC';

EXEC (@SQL)