This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ruckus alert query

Good afternoon,

We have a custom poller setup to notify us when our wireless access points disconnect. It works well.

pastedImage_0.png

We have just installed another Ruckus Wifi controller and this alert has automatically picked up the disconnected status from that controller too.

The problem i'm having is that I want to send alerts from one of the controllers at Location A to specific engineers and the other controller at Location B to other engineers.

I've tried adding another AND condition for Node Location equal to Location A and it stops the alert firing altogether. I've tried specifying the controller also and that stops the alert firing.

Can anyone think of an easy way to route alerts from Location A controller to Engineer team A, so they don't get Location B's alerts too?

• Hey Adam,

What about using a Custom Property on the Node itself, and then inserting the email address into that? Then use the Custom Property Variable in the TO field of the Alert Action?

Cheers

David

• I thought about adding another custom field, but then realised we have many already so I started messing with the universal device poller and managed to create a second universal device poller for LocationB, renaming the first to LocationA and I have created a separate alert for each location referring to "RuckusSZAPConnStatusLocationA" and "RuckusSZAPConnStatusLocationB".

Now I have two alerts corresponding to the correct locations but my second alert for LocationB is showing the AP Name as "Disconnect". I'm assuming this is because its picking up the wrong field, or row and is somehow using the connection status instead of the name of the access point in the alert. The alert was just a copy of the original alert but just named with a different Location in it.

${SQL: SELECT Value FROM CustomPollerStatusTable WHERE RowID = '${N=SwisEntity;M=RowID}'}

• I figured it out, the universal device pollers needed to be listed like this or else the data that comes out in the alert is in the wrong order, the AP Name was showing as disconnected. Makes sense really.

pastedImage_0.png

• Well done, I vaguely remember a similar issue when they were set up, the HTML Email Alerts were a nightmare!

• I am going to steal those alerts. Although being a nightmare, they look really good! It looks like someone may have spent a while designing those... emoticons_wink.png

• Here is the html for the alerts. I meant to do a blog post with this info in it but never got chance.

pastedImage_2.png

<html><head><style type="text/css"></style></head><body><table width="600" class='alert' style="border:3px solid #FF9999;border-collapse:collapse;font-family:Verdana;font-size:12pt;"><tr><th colspan="2" style="border-bottom:3px solid #FF9999;padding:5px;background-color:#FF0000">Alert - Access Point is ${Status}</th></tr><tr class='alt'><td width="175" style="background-color:#FF9999;text-align:justify;padding:5px" >AP Name</td><td style="background-color:#FF9999;text-align:justify;padding:5px">${AP_Name}</td></tr><tr><td style="text-align:justify;padding:5px">Location</td><td>${Node.Department}</td></tr><tr><td style="background-color:#FF9999;text-align:justify;padding:5px">IP Address</td><td style="background-color:#FF9999;text-align:justify;padding:5px">${IPAddress}</td></tr><tr class='alt'><td>Controller</td><td style="text-align:justify;padding:5px">${Controller}</td></tr><tr><td style="background-color:#FF9999;text-align:justify;padding:5px">Time of Alert</td><td style="background-color:#FF9999;text-align:justify;padding:5px">${Time} ${Date}</td></tr></table>
    <P></P>
    <html><head><style type="text/css"></style></head><body><table width="600" class='alert' style="border:3px solid #99FF99;border-collapse:collapse;font-family:Verdana;font-size:12pt;"><tr><th colspan="2" style="border-bottom:3px solid #99FF99;padding:5px;background-color:#50E349">Reset - Access Point is ${Status}</th></tr><tr class='alt'><td width="175" style="background-color:#99FF99;text-align:justify;padding:5px">AP Name</td><td style="background-color:#99FF99;text-align:justify;padding:5px">${AP_Name}</td></tr><tr><td style="text-align:justify;padding:5px">Location</td><td>${Node.Department}</td></tr><tr><td style="background-color:#99FF99;text-align:justify;padding:5px">IP Address</td><td style="background-color:#99FF99;text-align:justify;padding:5px">${IPAddress}</td></tr><tr class='alt'><td style="text-align:justify;padding:5px">Controller</td><td>${Controller}</td></tr><tr><td style="background-color:#99FF99;text-align:justify;padding:5px">Time of Alert</td><td style="background-color:#99FF99;text-align:justify;padding:5px">${Time} ${Date}</td></tr></table><P></P>
    Please verify this alert and contact site if required. Their hours of operation are 8am to 11:59pm.<br><br>Please use the E-Mail address in the first instance<br>
    <table width="500" border=0><tr><td width="75">Email</td><td width="250">email@company.co.uk</td></tr><tr><td>Telephone</td><td>+44 (0)888 8888888 and Select Option 999</td></tr></table>
    </body>
    </html>
  • Ahh brings back some good memories! They were painful to work with as they made lots of changes to get to the final design.