This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

TFTP, PXE and diskless PCs

Hello there,

I'm new to TFTP and wondered if anyone could suggest how to go about setting up the following configuration?

I'd like a diskless PC to boot DOS or ideally a slimmed-down Windows 98 installation over a network using its PXE network adapter. I have previously created a 98 installation with the functionality I require in 128MB. (Using 98lite software from www.litepc.com).

The "server" would be a normal Windows machine running Windows XP. I realise this is not a server OS, but have been told TFTP will run on it. Both machines are connected to a small office broadband router which currently handles DHCP requests.

Can anyone suggest how I could go about getting this diskless PC to work, or if indeed it's even possible with the software and hardware described?

Thanks for your time,

Gordon