This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA Config

I am demo'ing NTA and have run into an issue.  I have netflow configured on my router:

flow exporter ipv4flowexport

destination <orionip>

source GigabitEthernet0/0/0.1

transport udp 2055

!

!

flow monitor ipv4flow

exporter ipv4flowexport

cache timeout inactive 600

cache timeout active 180

cache entries 5000

statistics packet protocol

record netflow-original

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0.1

description *** Server Vlan ***

encapsulation dot1Q 1 native

ip address <ipaddress> 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

ip wccp 53 redirect in

ip wccp 54 redirect in

ip pim dr-priority 255

ip pim sparse-mode

ip flow monitor ipv4flow input

ip flow monitor ipv4flow output

no cdp tlv app

I am monitoring the node and interface in NTP.  However  I am not getting any netflow traffic to the server.  I have added the interfaces to the sources.

Is there additional configuration that I am missing?

This device was configured to send netflow traffic offsite to a managed provider that also used NTA but I am looking at bringing it in house so I know it works.

• I assume if you source a ping from the IP on g0/0/0.1 you can ping the orion server right? Try to run a packet capture on the solarwinds server to confirm if the traffic is hitting the server or not. Then you know to look on the router or the solarwinds server.

• After spending all day on it, I finally found that I fat fingered the destination IP in the router last night.  An '8' looks a lot like a '2'.  Especially after looking at it all day.  emoticons_angry.png

I got too into the weeds and kept overlooking the obvious.