This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Satellite network connectivity monitoring

I have a use case where I need to monitor network connectivity between multiple sites. Here sites are connected through satellite network or fiber network. Is there any solution available in SolarWinds which can provide below for both Satellite as well as fiber network:

1) Network connectivity (Up/Down)

2) Latency

3) Performance

4) Bandwidth

5) Utilization

6) Network traffic data

Thanks in advance!

• Network Performance Monitor (NPM) will do all of what you ask, natively, right out of the box. 

If you want specific traffic data details, like sources, destinations, ports, traffic types, etc., then you should add in Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA).

How are you measuring performance separately from the other five items you listed?  It seems as if Performance is a combination of the others.  What metrics do you want for Performance that aren't already provided by the other five items?

• In addition to my earlier response, I'd add in NetPath for each unique / significant destination.  It'll give you wonderful history, hop counts, HOP CHANGES(!), times of changes, and provide a beautiful graphic depiction of the circuits involved.  Remember to configure your firewalls to allow NetPath's unique ports, and be sure to only monitor a port on the destination that is open/listening.

Let us know how this goes--we'd love to hear stories, see your NetPath circuit map, learn what you've discovered about latency and satellite vendors.

Swift Packets!

Rick Schroeder