This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Listing serial numbers with SolarWinds

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had an easy way for displaying serial numbers, service tags, or model numbers in a list using Solar Winds. I've been trying to create a report to do it for me, but I'm still new to Solar Winds, so I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

I'm happy to answer any question you may have for me.

Thanks,

Gus E.

• I would create a new report and add the Custom Table resource, which will allow you to choose the data that goes into the report.

• I have a report for Cisco Inventory information that shows Physical Entities and Serial Numbers.  I can't recall it if came stock from SolarWinds, or if I modified an existing canned report, or if I downloaded it from Thwack, or if I built it from scratch.   I've had NPM since 2004--that's a lot of reports & upgrades & downloads to keep in the old memory banks.

Check & see if your NPM Reports section has something like this when you search your reports for "Inventory".

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

I also built/modified one for just 2960S switches:

pastedImage_2.png

This report comes with NPM/NCM, and should serve as a decent starting place for you:

pastedImage_3.png

• This depends on which modules you have installed in your environment.  If you are talking servers and have SAM, then the asset management information is in a different table than if you are talking network gear and have NPM or NCM.  What modules are we working with here?

• Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Here are our modules:

IPAM 4.7.0

NCM 7.8

CloudMonitoring 2.0.1

NPM 12.3

DPAIM 11.1.0

NTA 4.4.0

SAM 6.6.1

NetPath 1.1.3