This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting for the list of components that are down

Hi,

We are having an application template containing few components for respective servers.

I need help in configuring alerts (Alert condition and trigger action description) on the list of 'n' components names that are in 'down' status for a server name and should have each email for each server name containing the info of the components that are down.

• There is an out-of-box alert for Application in Warning or Critical & Application Down. If you trigger an Application Alert, and then put the Variable: ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ComponentsWithProblemsFormatted} this will show you the Problem Component. The Server Name can be added with ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.Caption}

• I Understand this David.

But when I put the variable ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ComponentsWithProblemsFormatted} in the trigger action, the exact component status will be triggered to the respective user (I.e, Critical/Warning/Unknown/Up/Down)

But we require the list of all the component names which are only in 'Down' status for a said server in a single email.

Because user feels that the individual component alert triggers as multiple email for the same server thus flooding their mail box.

• Hi arunprasaad Don't forget that Application Monitors status rollup is 'Worst' by default which means if even 1 of your components is Down, then the Application Monitor shows Down. Which means you can refine your alert to just notify you of Down Applications, rather than Warning or Critical ones, and that would reduce the noise.

Here is an example of a test Alert I have set up in my lab which is set to trigger on Application Down. As you can see the email lists the Application and on what server, along with a list of the individual components.

pastedImage_3.png

• David,

Can you display the trigger conditions you have set and the alert config message so it only displays down components