3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 1:33 AM by rfroembgen

Use API to update authentication account

tuyen

Can we use the API to update the authentication account?  For example, if we set a domain admin account to use for DNS administration on some servers, and if we change the domain password, can we use an API call to update the account set in SolarWinds?  Or is this only possible through the web?

• Re: Use API to update authentication account
          rfroembgen

Hi tuyen,

to be honest i never did it myself, but looking at the OrionSDK there is an IPAM table (ipam.WindowsCred) which supports create, update and delete operations. So i think it should be possible.

You could also take a look at the OrionSDK wiki for the credential management and look for "Create UserPassword WMI Credential" . Credential Management · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

It is an example for the Orion WMI Users, but your chances are good it also works for the IPAM credentials if you edit the api call to fit your needs.

Regards

Rene

tuyen

Hi

Thank you for the response.  I was looking in SQWL Studio before, but I did not notice that.  I think this may help, however when I do a right-click on my SWQL Studio, I only get the Generate Select Statement and Generate Select Statement (with Inherited Properties) options.  Why am I not getting the other options like you have with Create, Update, and Delete?  I found that when I run the Powershell commands to access the API, I was getting some errors as well.

rfroembgen

Hi tuyen,

which type of authentication are you using if connection within the SDK? Try using the "Orion (v3) Certificate" as Server Type, but this will only work if the SDK is installed on the main poller and you have to run the application on the main poller aswell. It uses the own orion certificate to authenticate against the SWIS-API.

Regards

Rene