This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 12.3 All Alerts Widget

Hi,

Is it possible to have this widget sort alerts by Active Time by default.   Everytime i refresh the page it defaults back to sorting by severity. 

pastedImage_0.png

• soley1234

I recently had the same issue myself, needing to sort by active time, seeing the most recent on top. I could not figure a way to get the widget to save the sort order, so I went digging.

Anyone looking for a workaround, just edit the following file, and change the default.

(This will change the default sort on all of the "all alert" widgets, but at least they will not change... or at least not until you re-run config wizard.)

Open this file:

\inetpub\SolarWinds\ui\modules\widgets\js\widgets.min.js

Search for:

sortBy:this.swAlertsService.sortColumns

Now you just need to change the number for "sortColumns" (the default is 7, for "Severity")

image (12).png

Additionally, you can change the default "desc" to "asc" to sort them with newest alerts on top, and oldest on bottom.

This modification worked for me, using the following product versions:
    Orion Platform 2018.4 HF3, SCM 1.1.0, NCM 7.9, NPM 12.4, DPAIM 11.1.1, VMAN 8.4.0, SAM 6.8.0, NetPath 1.1.4

If you have multiple "Additional Web Servers", you will need to make the same change on those servers too.

Remember, running the config wizard will revert the setting(s) back to default.

Thank you,

-Will