This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMAN License Limit Error

We are running VMAN 8.2.1 HF1.

We have a new VCenter server, and after having added it to Orion, under Virtualization Polling Settings, the VCenter polling method is listed as Basic. If I attempt to change it to VMAN Orion, I get the "You have reached your license limit for monitoring items using the VMAN Orion or Appliance poller." error.

For the ESX Servers underneath the VCenter server, those that have migrated from our old VCenter show as polling using VMAN Orion, but I have 4 that are not. I can not change the polling method individually, and the license error prevents me from changing at the VCenter level.

License Manager shows 158 of 192 sockets being used. I believe that the additional four servers would add 10 more, still under the license limit. How do I get these nodes to poll using VMAN Orion instead of Basic?