1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2018 3:15 AM by sploy

Manual Creation of Tickets in ServiceNow by hitting Acknowledge in Solarwinds

sploy

So after being told by one of Solarwinds Account Manager along with his SE, it looks like my ever-curious self is willing to give this challenge a try.

First, I had to install and import SWIS powershell into my machine. After making sure it is working properly by checking its connection back to the Orion server,

I tried a few lines and commands. Everything was working perfectly until a ran into this:

Source entity [Orion.SNI_AlertIncidents] not found in catalog

So, my question is, is there any way that this particular table be added into the SWIS catalog?

I am really hoping there is, so it makes it much easier for me to play around the Acknowledgement button controlling the creation of tickets in ServiceNow. And if there is nothing else that I can do, then it might just boil down to me doing it the SQL way. But I hope someone could point me to the right direction first.

$SWQL = @'

SELECT

IncidentNumber

FROM Orion.SNI_AlertIncidents

'@

Get-SwisData $SWIS $SWQL

Get-SwisData : Source entity [Orion.SNI_AlertIncidents] not found in catalog

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-SwisData $SWIS $SWQL

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-SwisData], FaultException`1

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : SwisError,SwisPowerShell.GetSwisData