This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM Agent doesn't restart after reboot of server

During our monthly patching cycle our servers get rebooted. I have seen that the Solarwinds orion agent v2.0.70.0 doesn't always restart on all my servers. I have tried setting the agent to delayed start, but it still occurs. I haven't found any errors in the log file for the agent. Have others seen this behavior? Is there a dependency for the agent to start?

• There should not be any dependency for that service to start.

You may want to open a ticket with support and ask them to troubleshoot that further.

• On a related note, I noticed that several agent's had gone 'offline' while the services were still running.

All I had to do was 'restart' them via the agent console.  Therefore I plan to setup an alert with an action to start them if they are down.  This could also be useful for yourself.  They way I figure, you never know when some stupid MS patch will cause issues anyway - at least with SW monitoring it the easy solution has been tried before fixing the servers by hand.