This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Have Support hours changed?

Is support no longer 24/7?  I called both the NPM & SAM queue Saturday night/Sunday morning as I was migrating my primary polling engine and running into problems.  I sat on hold for an hour until it forced me to leave a voicemail.  I still haven't gotten a call back, though I did get an email that they received my message at around 2AM this morning.  This is very disappointing and is the second time in the last year I've needed support late night on a weekend and have been unable to get anyone on the phone....

• Hi there,

I've reached out to confirm this as well as taken a look at our Terms & Conditions found here - https://www.solarwinds.com/legal/support-and-maintenance-terms-and-conditions

It looks like there's a webform that can be filled out for technical help, which seems like a proper ticketing system. As for phone support it says it's generally available 24/7, which means they could have been experience high volume or any other misc. things that could hinder an immediate contact. I'm not positive on what may have been going on, but that very well could have been the cause for no answer.

Have you tried recently today to make that call again and see if anyone was available? Either way I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thanks -  I think what is frustrating for me is I've always been told if it's urgent call.  In the past when pressed by my management to have a SolarWinds engineer or someone on standby for big upgrades/migrations I was told by support and our previous account rep that there was no need, just call us we're always here.  So clearly the information being distributed is being lost in translation somewhere a long the way..  Either way, it's disappointing and puts me in a bad position as I have to try and explain why SolarWinds wasn't available or took 30 hours to respond to my voice mail to my management staff.

I did speak to support yesterday finally.  This of course after having rolled back my migration changes.  They're response, "Next time give us a call when you're having the issue."    Ugh.

• There very well could have been, but it's hard to speak for a department I'm not technically part of. Regardless of what happened I apologize that things worked out the way they did on your end, and that you were put in the position you're currently in. Frustrating for sure, all I can say is I hope next time the timing isn't so bad. For the most part the team is very responsive to calls or support inquiries at all hours.