2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 3:30 PM by rschroeder

How can I use NetPath to monitor the same IP address and port from multiple APE's?

rschroeder

I'd like to use NetPath to monitor the same IP address and port from multiple APE's, but NPM doesn't appear to allow it.

I have two remote sites hosting APE's. 

Each site is connected to a home site via two geographically diverse paths.

The remote sites route MPLS to the home site using two BGP peers--a .1 and a .5.  These peer addresses are on two different routers at the home site.

The two addresses reflect diverse paths that have a path distance of 250 miles--significant for latency.

I'd like to use NetPath to monitior the paths and latency to these two BGP peers from different APE's located each of the two remote sites.

I find I cannot do this monitoring in one instance of Solarwinds because NetPath doesn't see a difference in monitoring by source APE when the destination address and port have already been used once elsewhere.  I realize I could set a different destination port, but that's not the preferred method.

How can I use NetPath to monitor the same IP address and port from multiple APE's?

• Re: How can I use NetPath to monitor the same IP address and port from multiple APE's?
          jrouviere

Forgive me if this is a simple answer on a missed detail, I'll blame late Friday, but I'm sure it's on me.

Can you not add a second probe from Netpath? This screenshot shows I have two pollers (one is my primary and one is my APE) going to the same destination. If you click the plus you should be able to add additional probes to the same service (path):

If that's not it, I think this is the part I'm confused on:

"I find I cannot do this monitoring in one instance of Solarwinds because NetPath doesn't see a difference in monitoring by source APE when the destination address and port have already been used once elsewhere.  I realize I could set a different destination port, but that's not the preferred method."