This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a view and row with resource, Custom Query, to show group member status. Need SWQL query.

Hi All,

first time posting a question. I am new to Orion NPM 12.2 and attempting to create a new view with department-relevant-tables. I have managed to set up one row successfully, but for my second, I would like get a status on all of the members of a group that I created. When prompted for the resource for the next row, I chose Custom Query. Now what I need is the SWQL query that provides the status of all of the nodes in group "myTest"

I could also try to filter by a custom property. I have several to choose from and can create one too, if necessary.

It seems to me that this is a logical way to do what I want to do, but I am surprised by the dearth of examples of this. Perhaps I am overlooking a simpler, obvious way of doing the same thing.

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

-biking_viking

• biking_viking​ Do you NEED to see the status for every single node in the group, or do you just need to know the status of the group? In other words, if you have 10 nodes in the "myTest" group, and they are all up, do you need to see 10 results that all say up? Or, if you have 10 nodes in the "myTest" group, and there are 1 or more that are down, would being able to see the group as a whole, indicating there are down nodes in the group, work to accomplish your goal?

If you are really only looking for the group status, then there is a nice default widget already waiting for you to use. The "Groups With Problems" widget will list all groups, and the overall status of each group. Furthermore, you can edit that widget to filter down to a more specific subset of results.

Additionally, if you are wanting/needing to get into custom SWQL queries, I would highly recommend you take a look at the Orion SDK/API. It is an easy, and excellent, way to learn SWQL, and customize your dashboards to fit your needs.

GitHub - solarwinds/OrionSDK: SDK for the SolarWinds Orion platform, including tools, documentation, and samples in Powe…

Let us know how it goes, and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

-Will