3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 3:51 PM by RichardLetts

UPS Poller

blueyviii

Hi,

We've introduced a new UPS with an SNMP Module into our network but we're struggling to get any meaning full SNMP data from it. I've tried a few pollers from APC and Eaton but with little success.

The Web Interface of the SNMP Module give no clues to the manufacturer, but adding the device to NPM brings back the info below. I was wondering if anyone has a poller for this device, or come across something similar?

Any help appreciated...

• Re: UPS Poller
          RichardLetts

You are possibly going to be out of luck -- NetSNMP is a generic open source agent. I really wish vendors would routinely get a vendor OID and configure it to use that.

simple: walk the enterprises OID using SolawindsSNMP walk tool and hope they have an enterprise OID tree

more complex: if you can ssh into it read the snmpd.conf and see if they have provided a vendor OID extension dynamic libraythat will give you a hint about what MIBs it support

Guess: hope that it supports the generic UPS MIB: UPS-MIB SNMP MIB  and that is the one you can poll

/RjL

blueyviii

Thanks for the reply Richard.

My SNMP skills are fairly limited and I’m not sure how to achieve your first to options, so I’m happy to give your “guess” option a try in the first instance.

Do you know if their is a UnDP for the Generic UPS Option?

RichardLetts

I'd have to look to see what others have shared, and you could do that yourself.

I'd use this as an opportunity to play with the UnDP tool to see what the device returns since you can point it at an actual working UPS on your network and check the return values in the tool.