This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to reset admin password from database?

Fresh install of Solarwinds Free WHD on MS Server 2012 R2.

Added in / outgoing mail server, company, client, our Logo and logged out. When trying to log back in I receive incorrect email or password error.

Clicking on reset password / entering my Admin Tech address results in a password reset link being received, which I complete successfully however to no avail, same error.

The link I am logging in via is:

127.0.0.1:8443/.../2.11.1.1.13.7.4.1

Googling the issue returns many suggestions on resetting the admin password directly, via the database using sql server manager studio however they seem related to the paid / full version. I've manually searched various conf files within C:\Program Files\WebHelpDesk\ that seem related to the changes being suggested online but not succeeding.

If intending to use WHD going forward which we're very keen to do, giving in / reinstalling seems a cop out at this point without understating why we're being denied access / fining out how to resolve the issue.

Contacted Solarwinds who referred me here, any assistance in resolving this greatly appreciated.

Thanks.