This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Alerts Not Showing Problems using "Components with Problems" variable on AppInsight Checks

Tagging aLTeReGo​  as you have helped me with SAM alerting in the past.

I was updating our Application Down/Warning/Critical alerts and found something interesting.  When I test the following alert on an AppInsight for SQL check that has a problem (msdb database % change in 24 hours), it does not list this as a problem when I use the Components with Problems variable. I have also found this to be occurring on AppInsight for IIS for a certificate that is expiring; it does the same thing. Is there a reason for this? I'd like it to display "Total Size: Percent Change 24 Hrs (Critical)" and maybe list the value of the percentage or in the case of the IIS, the number of days left on the certificate. Is there a way to get it to show this?

Application Name: ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ApplicationName}

Application Status: ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ApplicationAvailability}

Components with Problems: ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ComponentsWithProblems}

Node Name: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.Caption}

Date/Time: ${DayofWeek}, ${N=Alerting;M=AlertTriggerTime;F=DateTime}

The stakeholder for this system is ${Node.Stakeholder}.

Details: ${N=SwisEntity;M=DetailsUrl}

pastedImage_4.png pastedImage_5.png