This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Routing Table Changes

Hi,

I'm looking at seeing if there is anyway to create a new alert in Solarwinds to alert on changes to the routing table if it changes by 10% or more.

We are using BGP as the routing protocol, and I have been able to find this - Create an alert when BGP route goes down or is missing - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Hoping to see if there is anyway we can monitor the actual changes?

• There are two tables you could look at to get the data:

- NPM_RoutingDefaultRouteChange - This will give you history of the changes for default route

- NPM_RoutingNeighbhor - this gives you Node, Neighhour IP and the LastChange date/time.

So if you want to just track the default route changes, then you have it in one table.  If you want to know what the last change is for the routing neighbours, I suggest adding a trigger to log its history.  If this is what you want, let me know and I can write one up.

• I am also having issues with this could you assist?

• I would very much appreciate any guidance you could offer. If there is already and article regarding this I could go follow up with that as well, I just didnt find anything in my searches.