This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bandwidth

Where is solarwinds pulling the bandwidth speed for transmit and recieve?

I know that you can set this manually but on some of my routers we have bumped up the speed and solarwinds is still reporting the slower speed. We had to manually set the speed on the interface after the upgrade. we even removed the node and rediscovered them and it was still reporting the wrong speed.

Does anyone know where Solarwinds Network performance moniter and bandwidth monitor pull the line speed from?

Thanks in advance.
  • With me the port speed setup under 'interface details' updates when we change the bandwidth statement on the router and rediscover on the interface. The bandwidth statement under 'interface details' has always needed to be manually inserted, unless a delete and re-add of the node is performed, then it updates automatically.