6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 8:42 AM by wluther

Assigning custom node property to all nodes in a group?

sturk22

All,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, it would be great!

I have dynamically created groups, and for some of these groups, I want to assign a custom property to any new node that gets 'filtered' into the group.

for example, I have a group called "Core Routers" , that has some dynamic filters that allow devices to be added to the group.  I want to also assign a custom node property to all the nodes in the group, like an "Application Group" property called "autoticket" that I can use to generate automated incident tickets to our ticketing tool.

I don't want to have to remember to add the Custom Property to the node, every time a node or group of nodes gets discovered, I want that property to be automatically assigned if the node gets dynamically assigned to that group. I hope that makes sense.

Maybe there is a way to use the API to assign a custom property to nodes, and I have to export the group members nightly or something like that...

Looking for any suggestions to automate the process of custom property assignment based on group membership.

thanks,

Steve Turcotte