2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 5:51 PM by bpauwia

Custom Reporting Setup

bpauwia

Hi all,

Was advised by technical support to post something here to see if anyone would be able to assist.

I want to setup custom reports to match the below criteria;

1. Require a report showing the total time a site latency time has
        been above the agreed minimum latency threshold of 200ms, 700ms and 800ms per
        month.
      2. Require a report showing the total time a site has been down
        excluding downtimes caused by power outages, acts of god, or other factors.
        • Re: Custom Reporting Setup
          ralfs

Hi,

what do you mean with "site" a  data center, an office, an submarine or moon base? What latency you want to check? between two sites or from a central site to all others?

The easiest way: take a node in the site do a ping test and check the latency.

You may also look at the NetPath service. It can check the network path between a Solarwinds Poller and a TCP service (IP address/DNS name and port) on the other site. Only limitation: No proxy or natting should be in between. The NetPath service records the latency and shows you the point in the network connection to the site where you have a problem.

Kind regards,

Ralf

• Re: Custom Reporting Setup
            bpauwia

Hi all,

My apologies for the mishap with the sharing, I meant to remove all groups and thought I did and only realised after the damage was done :-(

Appreciate your responses and feedback. Taking this up with a partner to assist with the setups.